5 Tips on Choosing the Right Roofing Contractor
Roof replacement or repair is best left to the professionals. It’s an activity that requires experience and a specific set of skills – at least if you don’t want to make roofing mistakes that may lead to costly damages like water leaks and clogged gutters. For most homeowners, selecting a roofing contractor that is both affordable and reliable may seem like an overwhelming task.
Here’s how to find the right roofing contractor to match your needs.
- Get local referrals – Minimize the chances of potential scams by thoroughly asking for referrals from people who recently had work performed on their homes. Homeowners in your community will probably already know which contractors have great product knowledge and installation processes.
- Look for manufacturer certifications – Manufacturer certifications ensure that the contractors are credible since they must pass certain minimum requirements to be factory-certified. These certified contractors go through rigorous testing and classes to prove their knowledge of products and proper installation.
- Research Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings – Ratings by the BBB are formed using information about the business, including complaints from the public. A high score indicates consistent satisfactory work performance and how well the company interacts with the customers. Needless to say, it’s better to pick a company offering residential roofing services that has an A-plus rating by the BBB to help you achieve your goal without mishaps.
- Check for licensing and insurance – Make sure your contractors provide a copy of their license to avoid fraud and a copy of their insurance certificate for all employees or subcontractors to avoid litigation in case an employee sustains an injury while working at your home.
- Know your options – A roofing contractor that doesn’t entertain your personal style or opinions on functionality may not be looking out for your best interest and is probably just in it to make a quick buck. The lifespan of your shingles or skylight can be impacted by your material choices so make sure you ask your contractor questions beforehand.
If you think you’re ready for a remodel, then talk to the pros at Berry Roofing & Solar. Call us at (951) 547 0614, or reach our solar roofing specialists through our contact form. Let’s discuss your needs during an initial consultation.